Followers

Labels

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Additional Headings Added to My Blog - and Some Date Reminders

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.  I'm really glad to hear how many of you are enjoying my latest tutorial.  I rec'd one comment that said I had her mind going mad with new ideas. That's awesome! That's what I love to hear.  I love to show technique, then know you'll use it and make it your own.  It's very exciting!  Thank you all for the kind comments.

So, last night I could not sleep to save my life, so I started trying to figure out how to put headings on my blog so my posts could be better organized.  I do a lot of posting and up until now, you've just had to read through them all to find tutorials, etc.  Well, despite my really poor level of technology knowledge I figured it out.  Now you will find 4 headings at this point.  There is:  Project Shares, Our Life, Tutorials, and ReneaBouquets.   All of the posts I put up will still show up on the "Home" page, but now if you click on, for example, "Tutorials", any post I have done that is a tutorial will show up there and so forth for each heading!  I'm excited about this, it will make it much easier for you all to find posts that interest you specifically.

I also adding another "Gadget" as they are called. It's called "Share it".  You will see this on the right side when you're reading a post.  If you like the post and would like to share it you can click on this and Share the post on your FB or Tweet it.  I've not been able to test it, so hopefully it works ok.  If someone tries it and it doesn't work, please let me know and I will try to fix it or take it off. Hopefully it will work out fine. I think it would be fun to share the tutorials and helpful posts other crafters might enjoy but not find otherwise.

Keep your eyes open for a new "Flash Contest", I've got a question in mind, and also a fun prize.

Other tid bits - Today is the LAST day for the sale on Mike's Ink Blenders, great deal, buy 5, get 1 free.  Remember, please leave me a comment if you want to make a purchase so I can send you an invoice. Etsy does not have the ability to program in a sale like this.

The Zutter Innovative Products are still 10% off as well.  We will probably run this sale through the end of July.

And, one last thing, please PM me if you would like to send me a card or ATC to promote your channel. This will be open through July 31st. I'm really excited to have heard from several of you.  I think it will be loads of fun promoting artists on here we may not be aware of.

I rec'd some feedback on my next ReneaBouquets DT project.  It looks like doing a project that is shabby chic and uses some stenciling and the little ink pads is what most of you would like to see, so that's the direction I'll be going.

Ok, I'll get going so I can do some creating today. Tomorrow we are celebrating Mike's birthday at his Mom's so I'll be busy having fun!

7 comments :

  1. A big Happy Birthday to Mike! Hope you all have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Mike!!! He deserves only the best! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!! Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Birthday to Mike. Hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating tomorrow! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Mike! He shares the same birth date as my niece! Have a great day celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to mike!!! Enjoy your celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new headers Jane, I wish I knew how to do them as well. lol You went one step farther and figured it out. I however have not. lol Happy Birthday to Mike too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, if it were easy to explain I would. I will tell you this, if you go to Blogger Help and do a search for "how to set up headings", and you need to learn "how to label posts so they are assigned a heading", you will get some help. This is what I did and I eventually figured it out. It took me about 3 hours to do. It wasn't easy. You have to set up a Gadget called "Pages", that's the first step, and unfortunately, it's not user friendly. I do have mine set up now that all I have to do is assign my posts a "label" that corresponds with the heading I want it to go with, such as "tutorials". If you do some of the homework on it and get started and run into some snags I will try to help the best I can. xx

      Delete