Followers

Labels

Friday, July 4, 2014

It's Officially 4th of July Weekend!

I just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a fun, happy, and safe Holiday weekend. I hope you all get to do something fun to celebrate! I also wanted to say "thanks" for all of the support on my blog. I've really enjoyed sharing and connecting on here, it's just so much better then leaving a quick little response to a YT comment. We have a few things going on this weekend. As you all know Mike has been off work for a couple of weeks so he's home today too. I'm just loving having him home all these days, I sure wish it didn't have to end. It looks like they have a new job starting up next Wednesday, so he'll be back to his routine mid-next week. Today we are going to "wash" the motor in his '54. It's pretty gunky and dirty after 60 years...lol so it needs some work. I've done this type of thing a bunch of times, but it will be a first for him, so I'm going to help him out. For those of you that don't know, my Dad owned a Shell service station for 23 of my younger life. I worked there all through school and was totally into cars, so my Dad taught me all sorts of things. Mikes' Dad was into sports, so that's what Mike was in to. But now I have Mike in to cars too, and he's just now learning the mechanical side of it. We're having loads of fun along the way though, and he doesn't seem to mind learning from a girl...lol So, first on the agenda is cleaning the engine.... we really know how to have fun don't we...lol I also want to finish my 3 x 3 Thank you cards. I'm making three styles, using white, kraft, and black colored card stock. These are simple, mass produce type of cards you can make ahead of time so you have them on hand when you need them. I intended to finish them yesterday but ran out of time. Good thing there is always tomorrow. There are also loads of fireworks events going on all weekend so we will probably find a parking lot where we can see fireworks off in the distance but not hear them too well. They scare Tupelo and there's no need to do that to him. Mike and I are content just getting out a bit and watching them in the sky from far away. We sit on the back of my car while Tupelo lays behind us. He feels really safe that way. My car is a boxy Scion XB, which is just perfect for a big dog. He has quite the suite back there with his comforter and big pillows...lol Other than that we don't have any specific plans. We will do some bar-b-quing I'm sure, we always do, and I will do some more crafting :) Stay tuned for more Flash Contest questions. I've been dropping hints with every video and post I make for future questions... hmmmm Love you guys, stay safe!! Jane...vv08

7 comments :

  1. Happy 4th of July to you, Mike and Tupelo! Have fun and please be safe! Hugs and prayers Neasie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, I loved hearing more about you, how cool that your dad had a Shell station and you learned all kinds of things from him! Gosh those were the days when you pulled up and someone actually pumped your gas, washed your windows and checked your oil for you! I miss those days. lol My hubby is usually combining wheat on the 4th, but it isn't quite ready, should be next weekend. Still plenty to be done on the farm though. Combine has to be gotten ready, baler, etc...We went to look at grain trucks this morning and then I mowed the grass and hubby worked up at the farm shed. Just another low keyed day for us. Which is what we like. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe & Happy July 4th long weekend! I think seeing the fireworks from a distance is better, you can see it all at the same time, when you're close, you miss some that go off in different directions.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my Love Jane, oh my goodness, I love your ATC and your inchies!! So darn pretty! Tfs Love ya' Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving your nails lately! Can you post a still photo so I can take it to my salon? They look like Starry Night by Van Gogh or lapis. Just love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't know if I can take a one handled picture of the other hand, I will try. I do have some info you an give your nail tech. My nail tech has a whole line of Gel colors. This is navy blue gel, 2 coats, then a coat of glitter. The glitter has the small glitter and the large round pieces in it. The glitter is also a gel. Then she puts a coat of gel clear on top. Between each coat she cooks my nails in the UV light. The other nails you've been seeing lately were all done by doing black gel for the base (2 coats), then a coat of glitter on top. Most recently was red glitter on top of the black and teal glitter on top of the black. I hope that helps, in the mean time I will try to take a picture.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I saw the other day it looked like you also had stones on top. Very cool!

      Delete