Followers

Labels

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Crazy Day!

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a great day! The weather here is fabulous. Last night we had really bad storms that brought in some gorgeous weather! I love it! So I kept plugging away at ATCs and made some great progress! Here's a photo:


I know you've all have seen the Halloween ATC, but I made a video this evening showing all three of these ATCs. So it's in the picture.

I also accomplished something pretty big - I recorded and uploaded "The Basics of Paint 101".  It turned out to be a "two parter" again!  It seems I have so much to cover I can't get it all done in one video, or maybe I just talk too much...lol  I hope you all love it and learn a thing or two. It will go live Thursday.

I also started working on two other ATCs that I are not in the above picture, I did show them briefly in my video share. They are going to be very different then anything I've ever done. I rec'd a super pretty butterfly die in the mail today that I had ordered from Papertrey, Inc.  I used one of the butterfly dies to make a stencil by running it through my Vagabond on some acetate. Then I took the stencil and sprayed the back with Easy Tack.  It worked pretty well.  I also made some custom colors of molding past by using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Reinkers.  I loved the way they turned out. So for now the stencil part is complete and drying. Tomorrow I will go to work doing some cool embellishing that I have in mind.  I hope what I have in mind turns out good...lol

I'm pretty tired so I better turn in. Mike goes back to work tomorrow so it's back to our normal routine, which means the alarm goes off early.

Hugs,
Jane...vv08

6 comments :

  1. Loving all your ATCs. I look forward to seeing your latest creation. My ATC you made looks so great on my shelf and I smile when I walk by it. Today I'm going to find a little stand for it. Hopefully I can get my act together to try an ATC myself. We are in the throws of a heat wave here in New England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it so much! Cooler weather is coming. We had that heat wave here in St. Louis, then it cooled down a bunch, we are now heating back up again. I don't like it..maybe if I could get Mike to put a pool in our back yard..lol xx

      Delete
  2. Lol. I love my pool. Best thing we ever did. I call it my "office". Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one years ago, when I was married the first time around and I loved it too, but we would have to have one the size of a peanut here, our back yard is tiny. Our house sits on the back of the lot, we're all front and side yard here. Besides this would be Tupelo is we had a pool. https://fbcdn-vthumb-a.akamaihd.net/hvthumb-ak-xpa1/t15.0-10/s480x480/10483889_10152557680161757_10152557679826757_52002_446_b.jpg

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOSH. I could totally see that but maybe w a bathing cap on
    So he doesn't get water in his ears. Lol. I got my small stand for my ATC.
    Looking forward to the paint tutorial tomoorow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy day Jane! I love the ATC's and I loved the preview of the ATC's to come. Looking forward to the paint videos. I love my pool too, but this year our weather swings around so much that either the pool is to cold or else it takes forever to get up to temp that we haven't used it much this summer, which makes me sad. We've had crazy weather. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete