Followers

Labels

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Thank you!!! and What's Up!

Wow, I finally got a few moments to sit down and write to you all again!  It's been a whirlwind lately. Somehow I've kept up with all the sales from my destash. All purchases have been packaged up and mailed out. I had 23 package today when I went to the post office! That's huge!  So, I wanted to say a HUGE Thank you to everyone.  Thank you to all of you who have made purchases, and thank you to the rest of you that have had to put up with the destash videos showing up instead of crafting.  I will be crafting today and Thursday will be my Tutorial on "The Basics of Art Mediums"!

It was funny, I guess I read the schedule for the tutorial series wrong and I thought this week I was doing Embossing.  So, I spent a few hours making embossing samples to show you all...LOL  I guess I will have to hold on to them for an extra week.

Art Mediums should be a fun tutorial, I have lots of products to go over with you all, so let's see if I need two videos or if I can get it done in one...

Back to the destash for a moment. I've had several people wondering if I was ok (which is very sweet), and wondering if I was closing down shop.  Well let me clear everything up.  I don't plan to go anywhere.  I love crafting, art, and everything related to it.  I have found though that I love making ATCs, small cards, and tags.  Oh, and the occasional canvas.  These items seem to be the most enjoyable to me.  My craft room is simply full of items that I will never use. It's making my space feel small and cluttered.  So, to "lighten" things up in there, I decided to sell what I'm not going to use.  I've also had some of you say I'm selling things too cheaply. Well, here's how I look at it.  I want to sell the items.  I don't want to sit on them for a few extra dollars. I would rather the items go to a crafter that will use them.

I have a long way to go, I've only sold about 1/5th of what I have to sell, so more to come.

The other thing I've decided to do is have a big sale on all the items I've made that are listed in Mike's Etsy store, so if you're interested in any of these items, go take a look, the prices will be greatly reduced. (I'm going to work on that next)

So that's what's going on.  As soon as I catch up, I will have another Flash Contest, so stay tuned!

Hugs,
Jane..vv08

5 comments :

  1. i think you are right to do this! I can imagine that if you don't use athose items anymore that it is better to sell them and make some body else happy with them! And personally i craft better when my craft space is organised and not to ful!!
    looking forward to your next video Thursday!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I'm in awe of all the beautiful items you have been selling and if I didn't need to declutter myself I would have tried to snatch up on some things. I was so tempted, but we also have the last of our 6 son's leaving for college next month and I've been having to get his college stuff squared away and hubby isn't back to work full time since his cancer diagnosis and probably won't be ever since he is life time chemo. But with that said, I also am in awe at how you are selling this beautiful stuff of yours! You are pricing things to move and that's a good thing for you and the others. I'm always amazed by you Jane and so glad that I found your channel through MayMay. Thanks for making life fun with your crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brenda, that's all really sweet of you to say, keeps me going when I'm so tired I could drop in the spot I'm standing in! xx

      Delete
  3. 23 parcels in one day! Wow, good for you on all the sales you're making!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thank God you are not going anywhere. YouTube wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you get everything sorted for yourself soon it must be stressful on you. Crafting hugs always Bridget xxx

    ReplyDelete