Followers

Labels

Friday, July 25, 2014

Updates...

Before I get too far here, along with some updates, I'm going to post a new "Flash Contest" after I post this, so check the right hand column! The prize will be one of Mike's Ink Blending tools! They're so awesome, if you don't have one yet, I hope you win and get a chance to try one!

So, as you all have noticed change has been in the wind in a way..  I'm sure many of you have noticed over the last couple months I've mostly been making ATCs and A2 size cards.  That's what all my project shares have been, and tutorials. I can't get over how much I enjoy them. I've given this a try now for a while and don't see myself going back to making lots of wood items like I did in the past, or big shabby chic projects.

That doesn't mean I won't do the occasional altered item. Maybe something I find at a garage sale that's super cool, or a shadow box now and then, but to sit down on a regular basis and make a big wood project - well those days are over.

Finally realizing this is it and looking around my craft room and really seeing what I have, not just glancing around, but really "seeing" what I owned almost disgusted me. It was way too much product Even if I were to continue making wood projects, or big shabby chic projects, I realized I had more product then I could use in a lifetime.  So I really started thinking... what do I really need to do the crafting I want to do?  And, here's the other thing I thought about - I tend to go buy the latest new thing without getting to the last "newest thing".  So I realized, if I decide I want to make a mini album and I've sold every paper pad I have, then I just need to look around and find something I like, buy it, and make the album.

I also realized I could be much more creative by using a smaller amount of product. Having so much is almost overwhelming feeling. My craft room is tore apart right now as I work my way through this much needed change, and I can't wait to put it back together again, but this time as a much "cleaner" place to create, with only the things I really need..

I've started buying things I want in my new crafty life and I bought a real nice ink pad organizer. I can't wait to get it so I can get organized and up and running again. I hope you all will hang in there with me while I get reorganized. I hope you will enjoy the new things I show on my channel. I will always show tutorials (they may just be smaller now).. but that's not so bad, because I like to teach technique.

There is a lot more destashing coming, so if there is something you want, let me know, if I have it and it's not getting used it will be up for sale.  I have tons of charms, beads, findings, lace, flowers, and things like that left to destash!

Ok, off to do the Flash Contest!  You all have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Jane ....vv08

13 comments :

  1. I'm sure you will feel great when it's done!! I made my first bead angel with what I purchased from you. Need more practice with the loop at the end but it's so cute!! So your beads and charms are very happy here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how many videos I watch I have trouble with the loop on the wire. Those are pretty beads I think, I'm glad you like them! xx

      Delete
    2. Wasn't sure where to put the answer to your flash contest But I believe you call it "The High Brow Dog Bakery".

      Delete
    3. Hi Becky, yes, you are correct! Good job! I need your address info, you can send it here, or as a PM on Youtube, or if you prefer a private message on Facebook. I will send you an Ink Blending Tool! Congrats!

      Delete
    4. Hi Becky, Don't forget to get your address to me so I can send you out your prize!!! Jane

      Delete
  2. I know you will feel very relieved when you get yourself reorganized and find that you have a much more manageable and organized crafty space! I love watching whatever you do, so I will be hanging around. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great what you are doing... and it only makes sense... why keep doing something you don't enjoy... if you love doing cards and ATC's then go for it... and if something else catches your fancy, well then you can do that too.. if you don't enjoy something, you dread having to do it.. but if you love what you do, its shows and your creativity just flows. I look forward to learning cards and ATC's from you and seeing your new creations. Take care, Lisa Goble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for support. Now I can't wait to get this destash done and get back to crafting in a clean, organized, oom! xx

      Delete
  4. I think it's great to learn new things and be creative. I have been making cards for more then 10 years and on this road I have learn a lot:-). Now I am in to Art Journal,ATC,canvas and I love making jewerly:-). I like to watch your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was luck enough to get 2 different lots you had for sale. The typography Collection and a flower lot. I was wondering if you had any of that glass glitter, embossing powders, any laces left, and flowers. My name is Dekida and I have been a fan for a long time. I am also looking into your husbands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dekida, I recognize your name from your packages you've bought. Thank you! I do have lace and flowers left. I have nice lace and then I also have TresorsdeLuxe lace. I have all sorts of flowers left, some WOC. No glass glitter or embossing powders, I'm keeping them. Thanks for being a long time fan. That's really sweet. Let me know if I can help you with flowers or lace.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jane, I can really relate to how you feel. I've just watched your YouTube craft room revamp video and was blown away by the changes, especially the hanging bags from your ceiling rods. When I first saw your detash videos I thought you were giving up crafting completely. I was pleased when I saw the craft room revamp and your link to this blog. Somehow I did not have your blog. I did some searches and found where you explained why you did your detash and then I found this post. I have recently, say about 8 months ago go back to my first craft love, that being traditional scrapbooking. I have also found and embraced Project Life. In embracing scrapbooking again I have started to make process videos and more importantly I have now done a couple of videos & blog posts on how to create your own scrapbooking kit from your own stash. Like you had, I have a lot of craft product ranging from stuff for card making, art journals, canvases, altered books yada yada. My room is not as overwhelming as what yours was to you, but I can fully related of feeling disgusted by having so much, but then the desire to want more, but new stuff. I've really embraced pulling my own kits to gether to help refresh my enjoyment of the products I have and now spend minimal to supplement a project. I really appreciate you taking the time to share/open up in this and other posts/videos. When you can find someone to relate to you don't feel that you are the only one and the odd girl out. I don't do ATCs any more, but I look forward to seeing your creations. Sorry for the long comment :-) Cheers FiLoMa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know exactly how I feel then. I have been at a crossroads all summer, really since I quit all the DTs and said I was taking the summer off. No one realized what I was doing was testing my love for ATCs and Cards, in fact everyone teased me that I really wasn't taking the summer off because I was still doing videos, but I knew what I was doing. When I did the most recent Shabby Chic Spool (big project) I knew right then I was done with all that, because I didn't enjoy making it at all, in fact it was a struggle. As soon as it was done I put together my plan to change over my room and find new homes for all my product. I've had emails from a lot of people thinking I was "going out of business", and even emails thinking someone in my house had a major health problem we couldn't afford to handle. I can see why people thought that, I took a lot of pride in owning beautiful items and lots of them. I've always spent a lot on the best, so to see it all being sold I'm sure was hard to believe. I feel so refreshed now and like a huge weight of all that product is off my shoulders. I no longer feel like I need to "use" it all or end up feeling guilty because I wasn't. I've used some of the money I made to buy new stamps/dies for my ATCs and Cards. I've also bought different types of ink pads. The nice thing is, the new type of work I'll be doing takes a lot less product. It's more streamlined. I'm really excited. I've always been an open book and found by being open more people could relate rather then judge, and those that judge I don't care about anyway...lol xx

      Delete