Followers

Labels

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mixed Media Tutorial from the Past "Finnabair Inspired Mixed Media Steampunk Fairy Canvas"

I've decided every now and then I will showcase an old tutorial from my channel.  Some of these are really neat tutorials and, in this case, apply to what we've been working on lately with the Mixed Media Background tutorial series. I think this might be particularly helpful to those that are new to my channel and may have not seen some of these "oldie but goodies".

This tutorial fits perfectly with the recent Mixed Media Tutorial Series I just did.  If you watch as I go along you will be able to easily identify where I brought colors, embossing, and stencil work forward, and then pushed some of it back. This project is a great example of the techniques you just learned in action. Another great technique in this tutorial is how to use lace to build texture with.  You will see how I do that in the very beginning.

This tutorial is from July 2013, and I've gained a lot of new subbies since that time.  I hope those of you who have never seen this really enjoy it.  If you just followed the Mixed Media Series, I think you'll find it very interesting and I think you'll find yourself watching it with an educated eye rather then just watching it.

Here's the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75iXi_GXSps

I hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry I don't have pictures to post here, but I think they are long gone.

4 comments :

  1. This was great watching again Jane, and it really does make more sense now. After your series that you have just finished. I need to finish my tag. Waiting for a few things to come in the mail. I will have to watch your other tutorials now on mixed media over again. Hope you are feeling better today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS this oldie Jane! My 1st time watching it. I loved it! It's absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What an amazing process! LOVE the finished piece! TFS! THUMBS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your 4th tutorial couldn't come at a better moment for me.... i'm between a rock and a hard place now, so your beautiful tutorial gave me a minute to shut the rest of the world out for a bit. tried to make a Halloween card for you Amy and renea
    and EV-ERI-THING did not work out...nothing nada niente embossing, stamping,oh well, there's always next year hihihi thank you so much for sharing your craft and life with us, so sis take care hahaha xoxo ( P.S.: i will not give up though!!)

    ReplyDelete