Followers

Labels

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sweet Little Project Share...

I loved this card.  It was really fun to make. To do the gold circles I embossed a big square on a scrap of paper using a very thick mixed media type of gold embossing powder then I kept die cutting circles.

The letters were cut with a new alpha set of "tall letters".  The heart was done by using this cool little embossing folder I got from Stampin Up. It embossed the heart and cut it out all in one pass.

I used "Tide Pool" ink from Hero Arts to stamp the teal circles, using a stamp set from Papertrey, Inc.  I'm not sure if you can see it, but just to the bottom right on the Velum, the word "You" is embossed with some Lindy's embossing powder.  So it say's "Love You" on the card.  I cut the word "You" from a sentiment from the same stamp set (yep I'm cutting my stamps again)...LOL 

I popped up the letters that spell "LOVE" with some clear Kool-tac.  It works well, as it's clear and you can't see it easily, but I really find it hard to use.  It's super sticky and really stretches a lot.  I then took advantage of the letters and glued behind them to adhere the Velum to the card base.  I also put a spot of glue on each corner, which was concealed with some sequins in the color "Moonshine". 

I wrapped the Velum with some very thin twine, then for a final touch used foam tape to mount the card base. The colored papers I used were from Papertrey, Inc, and Stampin Up.

Oh, and this will be an OWH card.  I have 21 cards ready to mail Monday, they are all stuffed in their envelopes per the OWH instructions, sorted, bundled with a Packing Slip, and packaged up for shipping out.  I sure hope they make a soldier happy!


 


8 comments :

  1. Love this card!! Will have to look into the embossing folder from SU! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. The embossing folder is the small little metal ones they carry. They are so cool!

      Delete
  2. beautiful Jane, i think i read all the post, so i can now check out the you tube video's! I have some catching up to do!! ;)
    We had such a busy weekend, so now i can check up on you!! LOL!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gold circles! Nice & bright & cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card Jane! I love the colors and I love those letters. You aren't the only one that cuts your stamps. lol A lot of people do, I just haven't gotten the nerve up yet. Your cards WILL make a soldier happy. My son is deploying for his 6th deployment next summer and I know he likes the cards to send to his wife and kids. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! It was good to hear your son enjoys the cars. Thank him for his service to our Country, I for one am grateful for his sacrifices. xx

      Delete
  5. Hello Jane, thank you for sharing this cute little card, I love it. I wouldn't have thought of embossing then cutting them out so thank you for that. I'm enjoying following you and learning so many new techniques...
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    ReplyDelete