Followers

Labels

Friday, August 29, 2014

Things are moving along...

I wanted to put up a post and just connect with you all again.  Kind of little updates on life here and there.

Mike and I are going to head out to Fast Lane Cars tomorrow morning and see how the '54 is coming along.  We are starting to really miss it and are so anxious now to get it back.  It seems like it's been gone forever.  Progress is coming along. When you buy a new motor, which is what they did for us, there are many parts that still have to be added such as valve covers and so forth.  They got all those things in and built the motor. Then it has to be attached to the transmission and in it goes.  It appears that's about where we are.  They also had to clean out the entire engine compartment, firewall, under the hood, make it all pretty and shiny...lol   There's so much involved.  I'm hoping to get some pictures tomorrow to update you all with since the last shots you saw were of just a big empty hole where everything had been.

Either Sunday or Monday we are going visit with Mike's Mom, Joyce. We haven't seen her in a while so we need to get over there.  She's really a good MIL and I'm really lucky to have her.  It will be good to hang out and just relax at her house for the better part of a day.  She loves Tupelo like we do so he's welcome there as well. He's her Granddog, so he gets the treatment of a King when he visits.  She always lays out blankets for him to lay on so his boney body is comfy...lol  So sweet of her.  We're so lucky she feels that way about him, it certainly could be very different.

Mike's had some days off work this week so it's been great working with him and teaching him things he needs to know to run his store.  He did all the orders we had from yesterday and this morning.  One of them was out of the country so he learned how to do customs paperwork as well.  He's learning how to manage his way around the store, create invoices, pack the orders.  He even gets out the Thank you cards and writes notes to the customers, heck he even uses my big ATG gun to seal his envelopes for his Thank you cards.  He's a natural...lol   I asked him today how he would like this to be his life and he's liking it.

We then found out he was approved with another big craft distributor so we went through and I helped him pick out things to order for the store.  The store is going to really have some variety, from adhesives (he ordered the glue many of you ask about that I use with the really fine tip), to embossing powders, stamp blocks, Petaloo flowers, the new Graphic 45 ink pad colors from Colorbox, all sorts of items!  I can't wait to see how it all looks when he has it all uploaded.  I think it will be a fun place to shop!

Graphic 45 seems to be the company this is shipping out right away, we are still waiting on Ranger and Prima.  I also think the Baby 2 Bride paper will be in our shipment, I don't think it's going to be backordered, so I'm thrilled about that. I told Mike I think he's going to see that sell pretty quickly.  He ordered 6 sets of it, so we'll see how long they last. It's gorgeous paper, it's going to be all I can do to not keep one for myself!!

I'm going to go do some much needed crafting, it's been too long, so I have the itch to do some.  I have ideas for those acrylic ATCs I want to try out, plus I need to fulfil a swap commitment I have for August!  

I want to wish all of you a safe Holiday weekend in the US and for those of you outside the US, have a wonderful and safe weekend as well.  Thank you all for the continued enthusiasm and encouragement.  I have Mike read the comments and I can see it gives him confidence that this endeavor of his will work.

Big Hugs.. Jane..vv08

18 comments :

  1. Hey Jane irs teddy bear, what holiday is it in the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Tedd B it's Labor Day on Monday, for us in the US it kind of marks the end of summer and the time kids go back to school.

      Delete
    2. Ahh cool, we have one similar but ours was last Monday. Have a great weekend one and all. X

      Delete
  2. Happy Labor Day to you, Mike and Tupelo! Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned and you deserve that, I'm sure it's been a hectic week for both of you setting up your new Store :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited you got G45 paper. Can you see me jumping up and down. Lol I love G45. In fact, I am searching for the G45 Tropical Travelog papers for a project I want to do, so if you happen to see it anywhere, let me know. I hope you and Mike have a great Labor Day weekend. It will be a fun one for me because Labor Day is also my birthday. :) Enjoy!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well have a very happy Birthday! Mine is right behind you...

      Delete
  4. Well it's no surprise that all is going well with the store! I can't wait to see the store open with all those goodies, and yes, I think to it is going to be a super place to shop!! I also can't wait to see pic of the '54. You, Mike, Tupelo and your MIL all have a wonderful holiday weekend as well Jane. Sounds like you may have a birthday coming up, so Happy Birthday to you too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane & Mike, it sounds like you'll have a great store to shop from! Glad you're enjoying it, it's exciting! Can't wait to do some birthday shopping here soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, i think you had better start planning your 2nd big order of stuff now because it's all going to sell out the minute you list it in the store. I have little hope of get anything in the beginning since i don't have computer time until late in the evening but will keep watching the store....maybe I'll get lucky!.......... soon to be new customer, deb the RN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be wonderful to have you as a customer. I think you will have a chance at things. We had people pre-pay to reserve items they wanted, so that money also went back into more orders, so second orders have been placed already. Mike also got approvals from some really big craft vendors with tens of thousands of craft items in them. He placed a few big orders with them. There is so much coming. One of the vendors has already shipped, but the it looks like the rest are all shipping early next week. The first deliver of product will be here Tuesday, it's random crafting items that we all use. Mike will be uploading items in the evening so that may work out good for you. (unless he's off work). Trust me, there is a lot coming, at least we think so. It won't all be gone, and as soon as we have $200-300 we will immediately place orders again. We want to get in a roll where it just keeps coming so we don't run out of anything and we can keep adding new items. Mike really wants this to work. xx

      Delete
  7. hi Jane, happy happy birthday to you!!! Have a great day doing what makes your heart soar! hugs deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, it's not here quite yet but it will be in a couple weeks! I always love birthday time..lol

      Delete
  8. I'm excited for you... I hope i have spending monies soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is so good to hear you 'talking'like this over your past days!! i think you deserve to be so hapy! You made me happy! I have your card and i won the flashcontest! LOL!! But i am really happy for you and Mike! It is nice that the store is growing so well!!! enjoy your weekend!! I am going today to a craft event. I think it is a kind off CHA in Amerika, it is nearby my house and it is for everyone who want to go there and you can buy all sorts of craftsupplies! so it is my highlight day of the year!! LOL!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mildred, we are so excited! I'm sooooo jealous of your event you get to go to.. I want to go! Don't spend all your money at the first booth....lol Have fun! xx

      Delete
  10. Can't wait to see it all in and ready to sell! I am so jealous because that is a dream of mine! One day I will have my own store (online and by appt.). GOood luck and can't wait to start shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane hope all is well. I put in another order for the zutter dividers and the stand. I am so happy that everything is going so well foot you guys. You are definitely reaping what you sowed. God Bless. Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, thank you so much, Mike forwarded the order to me so I could see who made a purchase, he always does that so I'm in the loop on things. Your repeat business is so appreciated. I told Mike I was going to offer you all something on my blog today (stay tuned). He said, it will be more work for you. I explained to him I had been doing work on my channel for 2 years, but that the result is all the relationships I've nurtured, and while I always expected the reward was friendships that I needed desperately after leaving work, the surprise was that these same wonderful friends would become part of our extended family and help us by supporting your store endeavor that we never expected to even do. Opening a store was never a goal, it just turned out to be the right thing to do and the right time to do it. I told him, "I'll never quit giving what I can to you all, whether it be a tutorial, an idea, help with a project, or just friendship" I said you have to "give to get". I've always loved making people happy, I've always loved teaching, and let me tell you the friendships have meant the world. So, despite how busy I get, I always have ideas for you all in the front of my mind. Like the "Flash Contests" things like that. And reading all the wonderful comments of support and encouragement for Mike should give everyone faith that your saying is still correct, "you reap what you sow" is very true. There truly are still really good people in this world, and this whole experience with Mike and my friendships, etc, are proof of that.. Much Luv, Jane

      Delete