Followers

Labels

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

You All are AMAZING!!! It was a Big Day, Mike's First Orders and some minor housekeeping!

Hello Everyone!

I hardly know where to start.  The response to the video Mike and I did was just so incredible it has left me about speechless (but that's hard to do...lol).  You truly are extended family for me.  My entire family is Mike and Tupelo, that is it, no parents, no siblings, just them. So if you ever doubt, because I don't comment back, or I get behind on watching videos, that you all don't count or mean something to me... think again.. you are the family that makes me smile, the family that tells me I did good at something, the family that makes me feel I have value in this world, and just let me say, that's a real big deal to me.   So while I've chosen this blog as my way to connect with you all instead of responding to every comment, it is only because of time. I still want to craft for you all and hopefully continue to inspire.

Before I go any further I have a housekeeping message.  If you have bought the GlueGun.com package I promoted and have not left me a comment on the video where I promoted it, please do so you are in the giveaway drawing for the glue!  I don't want anyone left out!

Also, keep your eyes open for Flash Contest #11 - It's coming.....

Ok, now some fun progress news.  Mike was off work today so he was able to really dig in on getting his store going.  He opened a business checking account so we're working on getting all the Paypal set up tied to the right account.  It's almost all verified.  Meanwhile the TupeloDesignsLLC store is working fine.

There are a lot of fees and what not on the Etsy site, so we also bought a domain for TupeloDesignsLLC.  It's a challenge to set up, but it's in the works and is functional, it just needs some fine tuning.  So Mike will have both stores going before long.  The domain site has a slightly different name, but it's very close.

Mike is also going to work on a Logo.  He really wants one that has a picture of Tupelo in it, so we'll see what he comes up with.  He found himself really busy when I said, "ok honey, you need to place the first orders so you can get product in your store".  All of this is new for him and he's used to me handling most things, but he jumped right in and learned a lot.

He ordered all the packing supplies.  He is going to be selling some mixed media items so he got plastic bags that would be strong enough if there was a loose lid or something happened with a container, it would be contained to the bag.  He also ordered loads of bubble wrap, tape, etc. 

That was actually exciting in itself, but then the fun part started and he had to pick what to order.  He hit the Prima store first and ordered several of the different texture pastes they now have, he got some chalkboard paint in really cool colors, and some of the Julie Nutting Watercolor Paper Tag Pads.  Then he went to Ranger and ordered all of the Dina Wakley paint colors, some gesso and gel medium.  He also got pallet knife's, paint brushes, Scribbley bird stamps, a Tim Holtz Halloween stamp, and much more (there needs to be a few surprises..lol)  He's been watching me order items and craft for so long, it was amazing to see him find things to buy.  Of course I helped him some, but he really has been paying attention, much more then I realized!

It's truly exciting and scary all at once.  He printed off his orders and calculated the prices he will charge so he's ready to go once the items come in and he can list them in the stores.   I could not be more proud of him!!!

Meanwhile I had a doctor appointment and went with a very dear friend so she could meet with our Financial Advisor, she's in need of one, and we love ours. She is single, so she wanted me to go with her for the first visit.  So the day was busy and I am now enjoying writing to you all as I sit in my recliner, with the heating pad on my back.

I am a happy person tonight.  I might feel bad physically, but my heart is full of hope and is optimistic thanks to all of you.  I am relaxing and happy to be writing you all on my blog.  Life is good!

<3 jane...vv08="" nbsp="" p="">
 

18 comments :

  1. Yeah, I'm first...maybe? Coolness, baby, coolness. Did you get the mouth spray? DO IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The head and heart are where it all happens. The body just has to go along even when it wants to get in the way! You just have to figure away around it. God Bless and good fortune to you both. Not much money to spend here but I will definitely send friends Mike's way! One of my favorite sayings lately (from a movie, don't remember which one lol), "My mind just can't get itself around how old my body has gotten." Replace old with pain, confusion or what have you...it all applies. Just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, so glad things are coming together nicely. Have fun and take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting...happy for you and Mike!
    By the way, some friendly advice...next time you do a family video, how about including everyone in the family. Then you don't have to deal with bloopers! (I am speaking up for a certain member of your family, I will not mention any names but you get the picture!)
    Lol...just a little humor for ya!
    Seriously though, I truly wish you the best of luck on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane this all sounds so exciting. You guys deserve it, and you are making it happen. My bday is right around the corner so hopefully I'll be doing some shopping in your store! I can't wait to see what's there! I'm patiently (impatiently) awaiting the next mixed media video on YT as well lol. I'm sure you are right out straight. I enjoy staying connected. Thanks again, to both of you for all your hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad things are coming together for Mike and you. How exciting! Best of luck. I can't wait to check out the store & the new website!

    I hope I'm commenting on the right blog post for the Flash Contest #11: Gesso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy and very much excited for Mike and you and Tupelo !! Many great things are happening to a wonderful family :) I cannot wait for the store to be stocked so I can FINALLY give a order to you guys :) Many hugs Jane,Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading this purpose a huge smile and warmth in my heart.. This journey you are both starting will be great and I completely agree with you Jane, as you feel like family to me, huge hugs from your family teddy bear across the pond. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you! I really enjoy your videos, and I'm thankful for you taking time to reply on my comments and questions :) I'm new at crafting (simply because I've never had the time before) and I have Soo many ideas in my head, and I find a lot of inspiration from you :) This is my first visit to your blog, so I'm looking forward to check it out :)
    Also I want to add-- it makes my heart smile to see you having such a loving and supporting partner in your husband.. I think that's rare these days..- We must not take things for granted right? Support and helping each other climbing UP that ladder, not pushing each other a step down... which sadly I see happen a lot..
    Looking forward to follow you on your journey!
    Big smile from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy everything is coming together for y'all. Can't wait to see what's in the store and on the website. Take care. Karen Price

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holding off buying anything until Mike is up and running....can't wait to place my order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. I just sent you a message on FB.

      Delete
  12. So glad everything is coming together! We are all here to support you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How Exciting!!!
    I am living vicariously thru y'all at the moment...I too have been inspired and am working to start a small store on etsy of my work...��
    But I'm feeling just so happy and excited for you both...Congratulations once again...;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for you and Mike and of course Tupelo :) I know that you both are a little timid starting this big adventure but also very excited as well. I wish you the best of luck and I am looking forward to shopping in the store!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Life is an Adventure Jane, so you and Mike are off to a new Adventure in your lives. Excitement all around for you. We want to go on this journey with you. Can't wait to start buying from his store. I love buying my own Christmas items. LOL! Or telling my kids where to go shop for me. Have fun, and just remember to rest also. Mike has a great woman behind him. Give my fur friend a pat on the head!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you all! My guess for Flash contest #11 is....gesso (I hope). Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting for you and Mike Jane! It sounds like things are really coming together like it is meant to be. Sounds like Mike is getting some really cool things for the store and I can't wait to see it all. Congrats to you guys, you both have earned this and I know it will be awesome for you both. Oh and Tupelo too. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete