Followers

Labels

Sunday, October 19, 2014

More Sunday Morning Chat.... the Story Continues...

So, there I was on Thanksgiving, enjoying the peace and quiet with everyone gone, playing on Match.com and, as I mentioned last week, I meet Bob.  Bob was pretty handsome looking in his picture, and to be honest I was just goofing around anyway.  Heck I couldn't meet anyone new, I was thousands of miles from St. Louis.  I mostly just needed something to do since TV up there is useless.  Way up North, getting TV channel is ridiculous, the satellites are not Soaimed in a way that helps Alaska much, and local channels aren't any good, so playing on Match.com seemed like better fun.  But let's face it, the last thing I needed was another man.  But what's the harm in a little chit chat, so I send Bob a message.  I picked Bob to write to for a few reasons. One he had this clean cut responsible look about him, and after being with Fred, that looked good.  Secondly he stated he made the highest income bracket they had on there - money's good right? and Thirdly, he was online and I was looking for something to do.  To be honest the third reason was my biggest motivator.  While I was glad t be alone, I was bored.

So, I send Bob a message and within an hour or so he writes me back.  Good.  So now I have something to do.  We write back and forth a bit, until he say's "I would really like to talk off of here on the phone, and maybe make plans to meet".  Oh crap....  you got it, I hadn't told him where I was or what was going on.  So now I had to come clean, I thought wait until I tell him a few details, that will be the last message I get from Bob.  But I really have no choice I need to tell him because I can't meet him and if we talk on the phone he's going to wonder about the area code.  So, I throw a few bits out there about how I met this guy, didn't go good, he's a jerk, working on coming home, have a flight booked for early December...blah, blah, blah.  Thinking that's the last of Bob....  Oh was I wrong, that was just the beginning of Bob!

So, he write me back and is wanting to know everything and fix it all. Now he really wants to talk on the phone because he's going to save me.  Well at this point I could use a little saving, so I thought what do I have to lose.  I give him my cell number and he calls.  Bob was really nice company that Thanksgiving evening. We chatted for hours.  Bob seemed smart, he was a business owner and also ran another company, he was divorced, his children were grown, he had one grandchild and we seemed to have a lot of quirky traits in common.  So Bob and I connect big time on the phone.  We spoke again the next day all the way up until when Fred pulled up in the driveway.  So now our option of speaking on the phone is over, we have to resort back to emailing, which we do.

Bob and I emailed every day as we both waited for the day I had my flight book to come back home.  It was booked for December 8th because December 4th my friend was flying up to visit. She didn't know the details of what was going on at this point, and even I didn't know how it was about to all shake down.  So Bob and I are beginning to really enjoy our daily emails, we miss talking on the phone and we're making plans to meet when I get back.  Meanwhile I was getting really organized.  I had nothing to go home to - no car, nothing.  So I buy a cell phone on line and get it mailed to my friends house, I got my old job back, which was fantastic.  I even bought a car over the phone from the person I had bought so many new vehicles from and I was going to stay with my friend for a while. I was steadily mailing things back home and stupid Fred was clueless.  He would sit there are night with the computer on and Match.com up, surfing for women thinking he was being clever, and I thought you idiot, if you only knew....lol

By now it's the day before my friend is to arrive and Fred is at his worst.  I get told I'm not allowed to use anything in the house, it's all his.  He tells me I will be allowed to HIS truck the next day to pick my friend up at the airport, and he will allow her to stay at HIS house, but that's it.  I realize I have to leave when my friend arrives, but I have no access to the computer (when he or the girls are there), no access to the phone, the truck, nothing.  I needed a hotel room booked for myself and a rental car, but I have no way to do it.  I didn't want to call my Dad for help because he wasn't a regular traveler and didn't know much about handling what I needed done and he would have just gotten really worried.  So I decide I need to call Bob.  I had asked nothing of him up until this point, but I knew he was a business man and could do what I needed.  Now...how to call him...

This is the first and last time that dang outhouse same in handly..lol   I pretended I needed to go to the bathroom, but took my cell phone with me.  I didn't stop at the outhouse, I went deep into the woods because the phone lit up when you used it and Fred didn't miss a thing.  I called Bob, I had only a few minutes.  I told him as fast as I could that things were seriously bad, I was sorry I needed to ask for help, but I needed a hotel room for myself and my friend, and I needed a car.  Bob said something strange during that phone call.  He said, "I'm going to get this done for you, if there were more time I would have someone there to get you out of there".  I asked "who", thinking, who does he know in Alaska?  He said, "I'm well connected".  I couldn't focus on this, I needed to get back in the house.  We agreed he would email me the details of the things I needed.   By nights end I had a few moments alone to check email and it was all there. 

Now I had a problem to work out.... do I pick my friend, Lisa up with the truck loaded with my last bit of worldly possession, drop them off at the hotel and run the truck back to the house with her following in the rental and get out of there in just minutes (Fred commonly stopped by the house during the day while he was working) or do I leave the items I have at the house, pick her up, come back, spend 10-15 minutes getting the items in the rental and leave.  The first option - what if Fred came home and saw all my stuff gone and HIS truck gone, he would surely report it stolen.  Second option - what if Fred came by the house while we were there moving my last things out the door.  Both options were bad, but I went for option #2. 

Finally morning came, Fred left for work, the girls went to school and I went to pick up Lisa.  When she arrived I hugged her and said, "plans have changed", we're going to pick up a rental and we're checking into a hotel.  Oh, and BTW some buy named Bob is paying for it all.... yep you heard right, he had insisted he was paying for the hotel and car even though I was good financially (this is significant).   Lisa's like who's Bob? 

We get the rental, she drives it, I drive the truck and back to the house we go to get my remaining items, this is it, we have to be quick, we have to get out of there without Fred coming home.  My heart was beating so fast and so hard.  I was praying my plan would work out ok. I just needed to drop off that truck, grab the remaining items, and get the heck out of that long driveway in the rental and I was a free woman again....

See you next Sunday.....

Hugs, Jane...vv08

22 comments :

  1. Noooooooooo.... Jane lol this is like one of Steven King novels that get me hooked lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write a book! You are master of cliff hangers! Looming forward to next week's episode. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love to write, and it's so easy when it's your life, it just flows... this was quite the adventure in my life. Glad you're enjoying it.

      Delete
  3. Nooooooooooooooooo - I need more NOW!

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh noooooooooooo!!!! Hanging here!!! Will Jane make it or will Fred be waiting? Hope this week goes quickly. I agree with Tammy, you need to write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good grief...I can't wait til next Sunday! I need to know if Fred showed while you were busy getting your things out of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane you can't leave us hanging like that! I hope this week goes by fast so we hear more of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Jane you are way to good at writing !!! This should seriously be a book,LOL.But you are right it is so easy when it is your own life.Cannot wait till next Sunday!! Maybe surprise us and throw in a middle of the week cliff hanger :) Hugs girlfriend !! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! More! Need MORE!! Lots MORE! I was just getting to where I am holding my breathe and now I don't know if I can hold it for an entire week!!!
    Can't wait to hear MORE!! You certainly know how to leave a bunch of people hanging and waiting for your next Sunday morning post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JANE!!!! This is more suspenseful than any reality TV or Drama show!! I NEED TO KNOWWWWWW WHat is going on now!!! ughhh I found myself shaking too-did she get out before Fred showed up??? Did Fred find her at the hotel??? Is Bob a Mafia Hit man? OMG the thoughts in my head!! A week I have to wait an entire week ..... ok ok I CAN do this! LOL You are an amazing Girl Miss Jane-Crafter, story writer/teller and PERSON !!!! xx until next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember you talking about this in a video, some time back, but I don't remember Bob.....what a cliffhanger ...grrrrrrrrr ! lol Cant wait till next week ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on pins and needles here and I can't wait until next Sunday...maybe a midweek tidbit to keep us going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane
    I've been reading all the episodes. This is really getting good!!! I'm glad you came out ok.
    Tere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tere, I'm glad I came out ok too. It was good be back where I had come from, but there's a lot more between what I wrote today and the end of this story! xx

      Delete
  13. BUT A WEEK IS SOSOOOOOOOo long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a courageous and talented woman. I love hearing about your adventure, scarey as it sounds! Can't wait to tune in next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you kidding me????? You are going to leave us hanging like this for another week????? Jane my friend you are killing me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, thank God I know you are living a safe and happy life with Mike or I would be so scared for you, Can't wait to hear the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete